Choosing a Criminal Defense Attorney
If you are charged or suspected of a crime in the State of Utah, it is important that you choose the right criminal defense attorney to represent you and defend your rights. In order to help you select the best defense attorney, I have compiled a list of questions that are important to ask before you hire a criminal defense attorney.
Do you specialize in criminal defense?
How long have you been practicing criminal defense?
Will you be my attorney or will a less experienced associate be working on my case?
Will I have direct access to you? Or do I need to go through your assistant?
What is your experience handling my specific type of criminal case?
What is your experience in the jurisdiction that my case will be handled in?
Do you require an additional fee if a motion to suppress the evidence needs to be filed?
Do you require an additional fee if the case goes to trial?
- I exclusively practice criminal law throughout the state of Utah.
- I am a former prosecutor for Salt Lake County District Attorney’s office and have handled all types of cases from misdemeanors to capital homicides.
- I practice regularly in Juvenile, Justice, District and Federal Courts from Logan to St. George and Tooele to Park City.
- I am an experienced and successful trial attorney. I have handled many felony jury trials, including Capital Homicide. I have been very successful in misdemeanor motion and trial practice.
- I prosecuted felony sex crimes of all types for three years and thus have a special expertise in this area. I am adept at deconstructing a case and finding weaknesses in the government’s case.
My Promise to You:
- You will have direct contact with me. You will have my cell phone and will be able to text or call me. I am your attorney, NOT an associate.
- I will be forthright and honest with you. I will give you advice based on my years of experience and your unique set of circumstances.
- I will be an aggressive advocate on your behalf while realizing the emotional impact that criminal charges can have on a person’s life.
- I will be creative and innovative in tailoring a defense to the particular facts of your case.