Cara Tangaro is a Salt Lake City based Utah defense attorney. Ms. Tangaro exclusively practices criminal law throughout the state of Utah.
Ms. Tangaro is a former prosecutor for Salt Lake County District Attorney’s office and has handled all types of cases from misdemeanors to capital homicides.
Ms. Tangaro practices regularly in juvenile, justice and District Courts from Logan to Provo and Tooele to Park City. Ms. Tangaro also practices in Federal Court.
Ms. Tangaro is an experienced and successful trial attorney. She has handled many felony jury trials, including Capital Homicide. She has been very successful in misdemeanor motion and trial practice.
Ms. Tangaro prosecuted felony sex crimes of all types for three years and thus has a special expertise in this area. Ms. Tangaro is adept at deconstructing a case and finding weaknesses in the government’s case.
- Ms. Tangaro is the President of Utah Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
- Ms. Tangaro is a Commissioner on the Utah State Bar.
- Ms. Tangaro is a Member of Utah Supreme Court Advisory Committee on Rules of Criminal Procedure.
- Ms. Tangaro is a member of Women’s Lawyers of Utah.
- Utah Business Magazine named Ms. Tangaro as one of the Legal Elite in Utah multiple years.
- Ms. Tangaro successfully fought the Utah underage DUI Not A Drop law in the Utah legislature and convinced legislators to lessen the penalties.
- Ms. Tangaro earned her Juris Doctorate from the University of Utah College of Law and is licensed to practice in Utah.
“At Tangaro Law, you get personalized legal representation from me. I do not have associates or paralegals handle my cases. I will be both accountable and available to walk you through the confusing legal process.” Cara Tangaro
- Ms. Tangaro has spent time lecturing at different Universities. She has taught classes at Weber State and Brigham Young University.
- Ms. Tangaro was invited to attend the Utah DUI subcommittee meetings and spent time educating law enforcement, prosecutors, and MADD about the unfair and overly harsh consequences of DUI convictions in Utah.
- Juris Doctor, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah
- BS Political Science, Santa Clara University, Santa Clara, California
- Gonzaga University in Florence / Studies Abroad
- Utah Defense Attorney Tangaro is very familiar with the Utah court systems and is well known to court personnel, prosecutors and law enforcement.